Career Opportunity:Tax Compliance Manager – North America Req. #5153
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a Tax Compliance Manager – North America in Radnor, PA
Primary responsibility for managing federal, state, and local income tax compliance processes for Nouryon’s US entities. Provide support to regional VP, Tax and global tax colleagues with tax planning, transfer pricing, and tax accounting matters.
- Maintain and monitor tax calendar to ensure that all Federal, state, and local income tax returns and payments prepared by external tax preparer are filed by due dates.
- Assist external tax preparer with gathering and reviewing tax package information provided by Nouryon’s Regional Accounting Center. Investigate, prepare, and provide other information requested by external tax preparer.
- Review all tax returns prepared by external service provider prior to filing.
- Track Federal, state, and local tax attributes held by all US entities.
- Gather fixed asset and payroll information needed for state tax apportionment calculation. Review apportionment calculations prepared by external service provider.
- Support global Tax colleagues with preparing transfer pricing documentation for US and other group entities.
- Assist external tax preparer with gathering information for Canadian income tax returns.
- Prepare responses to audit requests and other queries received from tax authorities.
- Research and analyze income tax issues and monitor developments in tax law.
- Assist with preparation of year-end tax provision.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA, CPA, or MST preferred
- 5-7 years of experience preparing and reviewing Federal and state income tax returns for both corporations and partnerships
- Experience researching Federal, state, and local tax issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical with a high degree of attention to detail
- Effective time management skills and experience meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects independently
- Willing and able to work limited amounts of overtime around critical deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to collaborate and work with external and internal parties to meet goals
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status*