LAST UPDATED: Nov. 11 2020
Nouryon Chemicals Holding B.V. and its affiliates (collectively, “Nouryon”) wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information. This Privacy Statement describes our practices in connection with information that we process through:
- Websites operated by us (the “Websites”);
- Our social media channels (g., LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter) (“Social Media”);
- HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you that link to this Privacy Statement or other communications with you; and
- Offline business interactions you, our customers, suppliers or other business partners, or others may have with us.
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, Social Media Pages, emails, and offline business interactions as the “Services.”
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Personal Information, including:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Information that you choose to provide through your communications with Nouryon
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
- User ID
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- We collect Personal Information through your use of the Services, for example, when you subscribe to our media releases, contact us, register for a conference, attend one of our events, participate in an online survey, place an order over the phone, make a purchase, or send us a message through one of our Social Media channels.
- Other Sources.
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- Publicly available databases
- Joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us
We collect Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you. If you do not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide the Services. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Sensitive Personal Information: Unless we request it, we ask that you do not send us or disclose any Sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing Services and fulfilling your requests, such as:
- Enabling you to post messages on our Social Media channels or contact us via our Websites.
- Responding to your inquiries and fulfilling your requests. For example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, when you request a quote for our products or information about our Services.
- Completing your transactions, verifying your information, and providing you with related customer service.
- Sending administrative updates, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
We will engage in these activities to provide you with services, manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- Sending you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products, and other news about our company.
We will engage in this activity where we have a legitimate interest.
- Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
We will provide personalized services based on our legitimate interests
- Allowing you to participate in conferences and other events.
- To process your enrollment for a conference or your presence at one of our events.
- To accommodate any special needs, you may have when participating in a conference or other event, such as meal preferences.
We will engage in this activity to manage our contractual relationship with you or with your consent.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or based on our legitimate interest.
We will share Personal Information with:
- Our affiliates for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- You can consult the list and location of our affiliates here.
- Our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- You may decide to disclose Personal Information to third parties.
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so. This includes:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- This may include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate. These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information.
- Other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- In the event there is a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Cookies and other similar technologies.
- Physical Location.
- If you are visiting one of our sites or offices, we may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to ensure compliance with our acceptable use requirements for Nouryon’s systems.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, we may use and disclose it for the purposes detailed in this Statement. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
What are your rights with regard to your Personal Information?
If you would like to request the ability to access, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete Personal Information, object to or opt out of the processing of Personal Information, or if you would like to request to receive a copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion).
Third Party Services
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Websites or our Social Media Pages.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
Additional Information Regarding the EEA: Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Nouryon Chemicals Holding B.V., located at Haaksbergweg 88, 1101 BZ Amsterdam in The Netherlands, is the company responsible for collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information under this Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact our Chief Compliance Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org, or:
Chief Compliance Officer
100 Matsonford Road
Building 5, Suite 550
Radnor, PA 19087
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) responsible for your country or region, if applicable.
TÜV Informationstechnik GmbH
Unternehmensgruppe TÜV NORD
IT Security, Business Security & Privacy
T +55 11 4589 4816
Rod. D. Gabriel P. B. Couto, km 65,2
Jardim Ermida - Jundiaí - SP - Brazil
If we are not adequately able to address your concerns with our privacy practices, you can lodge a complaint with an EU/EEA data protection authority for your country or region where you have your habitual residence or place of work or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is available here.